If your air conditioning is struggling on the hottest day of the year, you might resign to believing nothing can be done at this point. You grudgingly accept that you are going to get some major power bills, which adds to the frustration that your family isn’t even comfortable and the humidity in your home is out of control. The good news is that your air conditioning comfort can be improved, even in the summer. Here are a few tips to consider:
- Check the filters- It might surprise you just how often the problem is a clogged filter. Even if you replaced it just a couple of weeks ago, check it again. Monthly replacement might not be sufficient in some situations.
- Check the condenser line- If the drain line becomes clogged or even restricted by algae, it can keep the air conditioning system from operating efficiently and effectively.
- Check the air ducts- If you have some cool rooms and some that are not, there might be a leak in the air ducts leading to certain rooms.
- Call for service- There are many things that an air conditioning professional can do to improve the efficiency of your system. They can check the thermostat and air conditioner settings and further diagnose your air conditioner.
- Replace the system- If your air conditioner is beyond repair or inefficient, it might be time to consider replacement. Your energy savings can go a long way to covering the cost in the long run.
If you are sweltering in your Eustis, Florida home or have concerns about the efficiency of your air conditioning system, reach out to us at AC Pros of Florida Inc. Our dedication to excellence and our more than three decades of experience make us your best choice for all the HVAC services you will ever need at your home. Don’t suffer in the heat – call us today!