Regular maintenance for your HVAC system is crucial for making sure your heating and cooling system lasts as long as possible. There are a number of things your contractor will look at during HVAC maintenance. Here are a few of them.
- Internal motors. When the motors aren’t working properly, the entire HVAC system will effectively shut down and not be able to operate, making the internal motors one of the chief targets of inspection during HVAC maintenance.
- When vents and filters are clogged or dirty, air can’t flow properly. Restricted airflow reduces the effectiveness of your HVAC system.
- When your contractor checks the thermostat, he or she is primarily making sure that it is correctly recording the temperature. If necessary, the thermostat may need to be recalibrated in order to make sure it is giving you accurate information.
- Electrical components. There are a variety of different electrical components in your HVAC system, and each one should be checked. Faulty electrical equipment can result in sparks, power over usage, and even fires, so it’s important to schedule regular HVAC maintenance to get these components checked out before an issue arises.
- The coils both inside and outside of your HVAC system can get dirty and grimy. When this happens, the coils are more susceptible to things like leaks.
These are just a few of the components that are checked out during a routine HVAC maintenance check. If you haven’t had your HVAC system checked out in a while, contact us here at AC Pros of Florida Inc. to schedule an HVAC maintenance visit.